WELCOME

Thank you for stopping by. Feel free to make any comments.



Friday, February 19, 2010

FACEBOOK TROJAN

Yesterday I clicked on a link that a trusted friend had sent, or at least I thought he sent, to a video on YouTube.  Turns out it was a false link and put 2 trojans on my computer.  Bare in mind that I use System Mechanic Pro for my virus and system protection.

They were Koobface and freddy101.  In the process it also put the oko6.dll and oko6.sys trojans in.  What happened was out of no where these pages would start popping up on my desktop and it was hard to get rid of them.  Secondly, it infected all my search engines so when I would pick on a link from a search query, it would redirect all over the place.  It took me most of the day to find these but I couldn't get rid of them.  Eventually I downloaded two programs, Prevx 3.0 (free version) and Malwarebytes (free at malwarebytes.org).  Malwarebytes did a better job of finding all the trojans and got rid of all of them.  After running the program, everything was back to normal.

So...be vewy vewy careful about links showing up in Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment